[open-development] Working the Agricultural "data-mine" ; -) // Fwd: 7,500 New Photos - data.fao.org!

Mariana Mas mmasminetti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:22:50 UTC 2013

Victor, this is really intresting information! We are working on a
mentorship with a group which is developing a web application called "Mi
huerta"(here is the link for the prototype:
http://huertas.coffeebreakwebs.com/).

The objective for the implementation of the first phase of  is to present
in a "wizard" format a friendly and simple guide that allows an individual
or community, without previous knowledge to know where to start and how to
start planting their own vegetable garden.

One of the great problem we have is the need of open data on this matters.
We are already using some data from FAO and data from  Uruguayan
universities and other government´s agencies that work on the subject (we
are based on Uruguay).

Cheers!

*Mariana Mas*
    *DATA* <http://datauy.org/>