[open-development] [open-government] [okfn-discuss] open data assessment

Carlos Iglesias contact at carlosiglesias.es
Sat Mar 16 11:07:39 UTC 2013

Hi namesake!

You may also be interested in the Open Government Data feasibility Reports
published by the Web Foundation (there are more under way).

http://www.webfoundation.org/2011/05/open-government-data-reports-published/

The methodology is based on the findings from the aforementioned "Becky
study" and it is also under continuous development and refinement.
It has been also used to conduct country studies by other institutions
http://www.cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=39 and served as input for the World Bank
readiness assessment toolkit.

My personal experience is that although as Daniel said assessment is not an
easy task, I would say also that it is really a recommended good practise
before starting a OGD initiative at any level (national, regional or
local). I've been involved in the methodology development and further
refinement, as well as in some of the assessment studies, so if you have
any question please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
 CI.

---

Carlos Iglesias
Independent Open Data Consultant
es.linkedin.com/in/carlosiglesiasmoro/en
contact at carlosiglesias.es
@carlosiglesias
carlosiglesias.es