[open-development] Aid data training curriculum draft- what do you think?

Zara Rahman zara.rahman at okfn.org
Tue Apr 1 08:13:56 UTC 2014

Thanks all so much for your feedback, both on and off-list, really helpful!

I was thinking actually about ways to structure the courses that
wouldn't be so text heavy, but perhaps making more use of screencasts (a
method which has just beentried out
<http://schoolofdata.org/2014/03/11/how-to-earn-a-badge-at-the-school-of-data-screencast/>)-
so it's good to hear that this comes to other peoples' minds as well. If
anyone has examples of how this has been done well in other courses, I'd
love to see some examples to learn from.

Rachel; yes, I've been looking at the budget/aid curriculum sent over by
DI - I'll follow up with you on that separately, but yes I'm definitely
planning on point towards/building upon existing resources as building
blocks within the curriculum. And, making it clear what technical
pre-requisites might be needed is a great idea, Tim!

Interesting to hear that almost everyone who has been in touch has
mentioned the importance of understanding the limitations of aid data;
clearly this is on a lot of people's minds...

I'll share the curriculum via a hackpad or similar to make it easier for
comments, if that would help, and share this once I've updated/iterated
after the feedback that you've all kindly given.

Thank you again, hope you're all having a lovely start to the week!

Best,

Zara