[open-development] Responsible Data Forum Budapest - Registrations now open

Tin Geber tingeber at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:46:01 UTC 2014

[apologies for crossposting]

Dear friends and colleagues,
We would love for you to join us us in Budapest, and share this invitation with your circles:

Responsible Data Forum: Responsible Resource Sprint

The Responsible Data Forum is a series of collaborative events, co-organized by Aspiration and the engine room, convened to develop tools and strategies for dealing with ethical, security and privacy challenges facing data-driven advocacy. As we continue, we also wish to review and consolidate what we learned so far.

We’re excited to announce that you can now register for the Responsible Data Forum: The Responsible Resource Sprint.
The forum will take place on Sept 30-Oct 1 2014 in Budapest.

Register here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rdf-budapest-responsible-resource-sprint-tickets-11464365225

There are also a limited number of participation stipends, fill out this form to apply: https://www.theengineroom.org/rdf-stipends/

Who is it for?
This event will bring international thinkers and doers together with people from the front-lines of data-driven advocacy, to work towards useful and useable resources for meeting responsible data challenges. Reviewing and building everything that we have learned so far in partnerships, focused tool-building and thematic events, this resource sprint will refine the tools and strategies already being developed, identify gaps, and continue building alliances across countries and sectors. Sessions throughout the 2-day resource sprint will focus on bringing an end-user perspective to responsible data strategies.

This Forum is open to anyone who believes that they have something to contribute to safer, more effective and more responsible use of data in advocacy.

Visit https://responsibledata.io for more background info, or sign up for updates at http://lists.theengineroom.org/lists/info/rdfupdates.

Tin Geber
the engine room
tin at theengineroom.org