[open-development] Responsible Data Forum Budapest - Registrations and stipends out!

Christopher Wilson wilson at theengineroom.org
Thu Jun 12 09:09:46 UTC 2014

For those who have followed the development ethics discussions, or are
generally interested in (or struggling with) the privacy, security and
ethical challenges that surround our increasing reliance on data and
evidence, see below.

The Responsible Data Forum (https://responsibledata.io/) is a series of
collaborative events, co-organized by Aspiration
(ttps://aspirationtech.org/ ) and the engine room,
(https://theengineroom.org) convened to develop tools and strategies for
dealing with ethical, security and privacy challenges facing data-driven
advocacy. As we continue, we also wish to review and consolidate what we
learned so far:

We’re excited to announce that you can now register for the Budapest
Responsible Data Forum: The Responsible Resource Sprint. The forum will
take place on Sept 30-Oct 1.

REGISTER HERE:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rdf-budapest-responsible-resource-sprint-tickets-11464365225

There are also a limited number of participation stipends, fill out this
form to apply: https://www.theengineroom.org/rdf-stipends/

WHO’S IT FOR?
This event will bring international thinkers and doers together with
people from the front-lines of data-driven advocacy, to work towards
useful and useable resources for meeting responsible data challenges.
Reviewing and building everything that we have learned so far in
partnerships, focused tool-building and thematic events, this resource
sprint will refine the tools and strategies already being developed,
identify gaps, and continue building alliances across countries and
sectors. Sessions throughout the 2-day resource sprint will focus on
bringing an end-user perspective to responsible data strategies.
--

CHRISTOPHER WILSON

Knowledge Lead
the engine room