[open-development] Fwd: Mailing list to discuss the global campaign for Open Contracts

Daniela Mattern daniela.mattern at okfn.org
Fri Jun 20 10:35:16 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

You might know, that Open Knowledge is organizing a Global Campaign to help
make Open Contracts more open. I thought that this might be interesting to
some of you, as you are involved with international development and from my
experience a lot of development is not happening because contracts are
obscure.

Personally, I tried to open up infrastructure project in the past in Brazil
- slum upgrading, transport projects etc. But it was not successful - I
mainly worked with a series of Freedom of Information requests by this time.

we have now created a mailing list to discuss the campaign:

Please join.

Currently we are discussing about the website and how to organize the whole
campaign having local campaign leaders, etc.

It would be great to have your input. If you know others that care about
this topic or a curious about how to organize such a Global Campaign,
please invite them.

See you on the list!

Daniela

--

Daniela Mattern

Open Data Project Manager | skype: e1aste2000

*Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org> *

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>  |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |
Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>

<http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>

*Have you bought your tickets <http://2014.okfestival.org/tickets/> to
OKFestival yet? Join us in Berlin in July (15-17)!*

 *Open Minds to Open Action*