[open-development] Making Education Work in Nigeria.

Hamzat Lawal hamzy at followthemoneyng.org
Wed Mar 12 07:12:46 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

With just one year to go until the deadline for the
<http://www.un.org/en/globalissues/briefingpapers/efa/> Education for All
[EFA] goals that were set in Dakar, Senegal, it is vitally urgent to ensure
that the collective commitments made by 164 countries including Nigeria in
2000 are met.

Unfortunately, this year's
<http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0022/002256/225660e.pdf> EFA Global
Monitoring Report shows that progress towards many of the goals is slowing
down in Nigeria, and that most EFA goals are unlikely to be met. In this
vein, we employ you to download our
<http://followthemoneyng.org/educationincrisis.pdf> Education In Crisis
Report here.

Despite the gloomy outlook overall, we can still make progress with
transparency and accountability in the commitment of national governments
and aid donors. At Follow the Money we will continue to show how government
spending and international aid is affecting our local communities, as such
government organizations and aid agencies will know how their spending and
funds is working.

With Sincere Thanks and Best Wishes,

Hamzy! & Olu!

Hamzat B. Lawal
Co-Creator/Team Lead
Follow The Money

Bassan Plaza, 2nd Floor, F Wing, Plot 759, Behind TOTAl House, Central
Business District

Garki, Abuja - Nigeria.

Tel: +234 (0) 9 2917545  - Mobile: +234(0)8068699956

 <http://www.followthemoneyng.org/> http://www.followthemoneyng.org

 <http://facebook.com/followthemoneyng> Facebook like images
<http://twitter.com/4lowthemoney> Twitter images 12

....Mapping Money for Good in Africa!

***The Follow the Money Team is made up of Researchers, Data Analysts,
Journalists, Legal Practitioners, Activists, Information Managers, Students,
Academia & Development Consultants***

An Initiative of Connected Development [CODE]