[open-development] Aid data training curriculum draft- what do you think?

Zara Rahman zara.rahman at okfn.org
Tue Mar 25 16:53:52 UTC 2014

Hi all,

A little toolkit update for you: we've put up a first iteration of an
Aid Data curriculum up online:
http://wiki.okfn.org/Projects/Open_Dev_Toolkit/Training/Plan - and, a
little request for feedback, if you have a couple of minutes ;-)

Due to funding and time restrictions, we'll probably only have time to
write 6 or so modules in this curriculum within the next couple of
months, though there is a fairly comprehensive list compiled here; *do
you think the ones marked 'Priority 1' are the right ones to prioritise?
And are we missing anything critical in these 6 modules? *It's up on a
wiki to encourage your comments and feedback so please go ahead :-) *

*We wanted to include all of the modules that came to mind for
completeness, hoping that in the future there will be more resources to
write these modules too. They'll be written in the style of School of
Data courses, which you cansee online here.
<http://schoolofdata.org/courses/>

There's also some more information about the Toolkit and other ways to
get involved on the Project page on the wiki, here:
http://wiki.okfn.org/Projects/Open_Dev_Toolkit

Thanks all for any feedback and thoughts on this (and of course, any
contributions of people wanting to join in writing the courses, share
materials, or test out modules once they're written, are all very much
welcome!)

Zara

--
Zara Rahman