[open-development] FW: Making All Voices Count

Zara Rahman zara.rahman at okfn.org
Tue Sep 16 08:05:16 UTC 2014

Hi Duncan, Joseph - not sure if you've come across the new tool
Detective.io yet, (the beta release was last week, I think!) - but they
have a small database of 'innovative water projects' that you can browse
here:  https://www.detective.io/Adeline/innovative-water-projects

You can see, for example, organisations involved
<https://www.detective.io/Adeline/innovative-water-projects/organization/>
- and export the data, I think.

Anyway; maybe adding to this collection might be a good way to share the
research, or you could simply build upon data already there for your
research. Hope that helps!

Zara

On 15/09/2014 16:22, Duncan Edwards wrote:

> Hi Open Dev-vers!
>

> One of the research projects funded by Making All Voices Count is
> looking at better understanding what is and isn't working in using
> ICTs for improved rural water supply. The research is being led by
> Joseph Pearce formerly of WaterAid (see email below for more detail)
> -- one element of the research is to compile a comprehensive list of
> initiatives which are using in ICTs for monitoring rural water
> services. It would be great if you could complete the survey
> (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R3YH397) with initiatives that you are
> involved with or know about.
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Duncan

> Duncan Edwards
> Programme Manager - Research & Evidence Component, Making All Voices Count
> Institute of Development Studies, Brighton BN1 9RE, UK
>
> Charitable Company No. 877338
> Global Knowledge *for Global Change
> *email: d.edwards at ids.ac.uk <mailto:d.edwards at ids.ac.uk>  tel: +44
> (0)1273 915797 <tel:%2B44%20%280%291273%20915797>
> fax: +44 (0)1273 621202 <tel:%2B44%20%280%291273%20621202>
>
> Skype: duncan_ed1
>
> Twitter: @duncan_ids
> <http://twitter.com/duncan_ids>
>
> Bio: http://www.ids.ac.uk/person/duncan-edwards
> Knowledge Services at IDS:_http://www.ids.ac.uk/go/knowledge-services_
>

>     *From: *Joseph Pearce <pearce at ircwash.org <mailto:pearce at ircwash.org>>
>
>     *Subject: Making All Voices Count*
>
>     *Date: *12 September 2014 14:27:05 BST
>
>     *To: *Water Point Mapping <rwsn_mapping at dgroups.org
>     <mailto:rwsn_mapping at dgroups.org>>
>

>     Dear friends,
>

>     Making All Voices Count is a global initiative that supports
>     innovation, scaling, and research to deepen existing innovations
>     and help harness new technologies to enable citizen engagement and
>     government responsiveness. The initiative is funded by DFID,
>     USAID, SIDA, Open Society Foundation and Omidyar Network, and
>     is implemented by a consortium consisting of Hivos, the Institute
>     of Development Studies and Ushahidi.
>

>     Earlier this year a small team of researchers from WaterAid, IRC
>     and ITAD submitted a successful application titled 'Testing the
>     waters: how can ICTs for monitoring be strengthened and made more
>     inclusive to achieve greater sustainability for rural water
>     services?'.
>

>     The aim of the research is to help close the knowledge gap on what
>     works and what doesn't in using ICTs to improve rural water supply
>     sustainability. The research project specifically aims to better
>     understand the non-technological parameters that empower
>     traditional water fetchers and water handlers -- women, girls and
>     boys -- to use ICTs to receive information on and report issues of
>     their concern in a way that provokes a remedial response from
>     government.
>

>     We are now in Phase 2 of the research, which aims to better
> [...]

Zara Rahman
Open Development Toolkit Lead | skype: zara.rahman | @zararah
<http://www.twitter.com/zararah>
Development Initiatives <http://devinit.org> | /Development Initiatives