[open-development] Update and Survey - OK Community Identity Explorations

Kersti Wissenbach krwissenbach at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 07:00:58 UTC 2015

Dear all,

A big thanks again to everyone who joined our first OK community identity
hangout on March 4.

The raw minutes
<http://discuss.okfn.org/t/1st-hangout-and-online-discussion-open-knowledge-community-identity/206?u=kerstiru>
as well as a summary
<http://discuss.okfn.org/t/1st-hangout-and-online-discussion-open-knowledge-community-identity/206?u=kerstiru>
(further down) identifying the next steps to explore have been shared with
you in our OK forum community identity category
<http://discuss.okfn.org/c/exploring-the-ok-identity>.

Please visit this community space, follow to stay in the loop, and actively
join the conversation!

A few core aspects to further focus on derived from the hangout.
- One was the recognition that it will be valuable to explore further how
we as a community interface in order to reach a deeper understanding of the
issue of shared identity.
- The second is a more abstract exploration of self-definition and related
consequences for the power of our community. Diving deeper in the
definition process of a shared identity and mapping out our structure and
its consequences to find a coherent definition.

As for now, we would like tackle the first aspect of interfacing.
*In order to do so I set up a very small questionnaire
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LkjLo7zb2Hn7_yq0DaqjwCK3ushl2AfwdQS5yxDeus8/viewform>
and would be extremely grateful if many of you could spare a few minutes to
contribute.*  Please also fell free to share the link in your community!

Results and further steps will of course again be shared in our forum
category and further interactive discussions will be hosted directly in the
forum as well.

Please also feel free to be in touch via mail or directly in the forum with
any questions, remarks, reflections...

Warmest wishes,
Kersti

*Kersti Ruth Wissenbach*
campaign strategies | program coordination | research

*Freedom of Expression & Information | Open Development **| ICT4C *

NL ambassador Open Knowledge Foundation

Mobile +31 (0)634193966
Skype kersti.wissenbach
@kerstiru