[open-economics] Next Working Group Meeting - Dec 18 (Sunday) at 5pm GMT

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Dec 13 09:10:36 UTC 2011

On 13 December 2011 08:12, Velichka Dimitrova
<velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I would like to invite you to our next Open Economics Working Group online
> meet-up on Dec 18, Sunday at 5pm GMT. Add me to skype as: vn.dimitrova and
>  I will add you to the group conference.

Great stuff Velichka.

By the way, we have a standard guide for running virtual meetings that
could be useful:

<http://wiki.okfn.org/Events_Guide/Meetings>

In line with those suggestions I've booted an etherpad here:

<http://econ.okfnpad.org/meeting-2011-12-18>

Which people can add their name to with agenda items.

Also: one request for the future: could we think about moving this to
the week -- in my experience it is much more likely to get people
attending if is, say, a week day afternoon than on Sunday ...

> In this meeting we would like to discuss our strategy for the Apps4Italy
> application competition, the deadline for which is February 2012. We would
> like to evaluate our objectives and the resources we would need and
> potential support we could acquire. Based on the experience of the
> ProgressVote App, this project should be tailored to the Italian
> competition, maybe using also new data.

Sounds great. I'd also like to discuss:

* Energy (now that Energy is integrated with this Working Group)
* DataHub Economics group - http://thedatahub.org/group/economics

Rufus

> In case you would like to participate in our Apps4Italy project team, but
> will not be able to attend, please let me know. I will summarise the results
> of the meeting and send them around. A reminder and EtherPad link will be
> also sent before the online meeting.
>
> I look forward to talking to you next Sunday.
>
> Best,
>
> Velichka

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation