[open-economics] Yourtopia questions

Dirk Heine dirk at common-future.org
Wed Feb 9 19:19:36 UTC 2011

Thanks Rufus,

Unfortunately I do not understand a few things. The new csv contains
modified descriptions for the new description-boxes. Also it contains
short labels for the piechart on the results page. So there are two new
categories that we did not use to have. Hence the csv IS in a different
format.

Also, since you did not like when I deleted columns in the
Google-Spreadsheet I did not delete them either in the csv but added new
ones (new_label, new_description, new_piechart)

Stefan yesterday raised concerns in issue 21:

"Stefan Wehrmeyer / stefanw on Tue, 8 Feb 2011 00:30:01 +0100:
  I think there is currently no way to update questions from
indicator.csv (needed for <<issue 21>>), the only way is a
model.delete_all() and then load() at the moment.
Losing existing answers would be a serious issue according to Dirk, so
there needs to be a custom importer script that handles this and I feel
a bit too unfamiliar with the data structures."

I just raise this because I did not see it in your message and just
wanted to make sure it reached you.

Thanks again,

Dirk