[open-economics] YourTopia (Italy) updates

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Mar 22 08:09:50 UTC 2012

Herewith are some updates on YourTopia v2 progress at and since the
Hackday 2.5 weeks ago.

### Data

Thanks to Velichka and Rosamaria's efforts we have a really good
consolidated set of data for Italy here:

<http://thedatahub.org/dataset/yourtopia-italy>

Specifically, in the Google Doc:
<http://thedatahub.org/dataset/yourtopia-italy/resource/5f92c944-4e04-4e3a-8254-0138dd2daa21>

I've just added extracted the Series Metadata and Series Data into
separate "DataStore" resources:

Series Info: <http://thedatahub.org/dataset/yourtopia-italy/resource/fffc6388-01bc-44c4-ba0d-b860d93e6c7c>
Series Data: <http://thedatahub.org/dataset/yourtopia-italy/resource/4faaef85-3b22-4ebb-ad28-fcc6bd4f5f3d>

### App

The main purpose for having data in the DataStore is to be able to
access that data direct from the Javascript in our YourTopia (v2)
application. In particular, we now load the series listing live from
the Series Info dataset on the DataHub, see:

<http://okfnlabs.org/yourtopia/#index/create>

You should see the series in the left-hand column matching those from
the series metadata info on the DataHub (and original Gdocs) sheet.
Unfortunately, while you can select and deselect series, there is no
way to change the weighting or do any graphing of the result.

Rufus