[open-economics] [Yourtopia] Yourtopia India

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Wed May 16 15:40:49 UTC 2012

Hi Pranav,

this is really exciting to hear, we are looking forward to expanding the
project beyond Europe and it would be really exciting and interesting to do
YourTopia for India.

I would like you to have a look at the structure of the dataset we compiled
to make YourTopia Italy: http://thedatahub.org/dataset/yourtopia-italy and
let me know if you would have regional time series data for Indian
provinces. The data could be similar or a bit different - given what kind
of data the Indian statistical department collects. We can start collecting
resources on the DataHub - I have created a resource named YourTopia India:
http://thedatahub.org/en/dataset/yourtopia-india, if you have any links to
data or raw dataset, you could upload them there.

It is also fantastic to hear that there is a programmer who is interested
in helping us with this.

I suggest that we could organise a Skype call in the coming weeks to
discuss how we can take this further, potential audiences and user groups
for YourTopia India.

I will also connect you with two colleagues of mine who are probably coming
to India in July, developing the Open Knowledge Foundation local chapters.

Best wishes,

--
Velichka Dimitrova
Project Coordinator