[open-economics] Credit union failures

Anders Pedersen anderspeders at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 16:18:12 UTC 2012

Hi John,

That is great!

During this weekend at the OKFN Hackdays in London more joined the work got
involved in the update of some the failed bank data.

We were pointed us to this visualization, which could be a useful template
for a European failed banks map:
http://graphicsweb.wsj.com/documents/Failed-US-Banks.html
(on the left side you can choose "Value of assets at time of failure")

Based on this visualization we have added a new column to the data set
called: "Total assets of the bank at the time failure". The purpose of this
column would be to enable us to visualize the proportional differences of
the individual bank failures (ie. the difference between Northern Rock and
a tiny local bank). The source would ideally be a financial statement from
the bank before its failure, like an annual report or a quarterly
statement.

Let me know what you think.

Best,
Anders