[open-economics] Open Econometrics / Metametrik informal meeting - London, Friday August 9, 12pm

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Mon Aug 5 16:05:32 UTC 2013

Dear all,

We would like to invite you to an informal meeting at the C4CC -
http://creative-collaboration.net/ -  on *August 9 at 12pm *to populate the
Open Econometrics database and try out the database and search tool.

At the end of May we gathered a small group in
London<http://openeconomics.net/2013/05/31/metametrik-first-sprint/>to
think about a format for the saving of regression results which would
enable meta analysis of the economics literature.

Our idea has evolved since then and we have decided to build a prototype
which would enable the saving the the query of regression results:
essentially faceted search for dependent and independent variables, models,
journals, authors, JEL classification codes, key words, etc. See these
mock-ups to get an idea of how this tool can be used:
http://imgur.com/a/gCMtT. Martin Keegan has been working on the prototype
and would be with us on Friday.

Join us for this informal gathering, (optionally) bringing a number of
papers which you would like to populate the database with - they can be the
empirical papers of your field, of your favourite econometrician or journal.

We need your help to get some results in the database and start building
vocabularies for the variables and models used in economics. Do you know if
any such vocabularies have been done until now?

If you are not able to attend in person, let me know so that we could
connect remotely. We expect to be around between 12pm and 6pm, drop by
anytime.

If you have any questions or suggestions or any other input, please let us
know.

*

Velichka Dimitrova

Open Economics Project Coordinator |