[open-economics] Introducing the Metametrik Prototype

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Fri Aug 23 14:16:26 UTC 2013

Dear all,

You know we have been working on a prototype for a search tool for
regression results. I am happy to share with you that we have build the
first version of it and would love to hear your feedback.

The current prototype is at http://metametrik.fluv.io, though this would
change in the next week. Would you like to see a few more regressions in
the database, please add them to this
spreadsheet<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aor55UapMP6BdFVDWlpLVmZxaFdocDZaTkFzVUZ3ckE#gid=0>
.

*How does it work?*

*Step 1:* Type in the name of a parameter. Search for e.g. a variable,
model, author or a journal. Alternatively, browse the database in the left
bar. (currently there are just a few results in the database, so browsing
you be best).

*Step 2:* Select other features to narrow down your search. Only papers
which use e.g. these controls, this model, etc. The selected facets will
appear as tags on the top of your screen. You can also remove the facets by
clicking on them.

*Step 3:* To view more details about the papers which match your search,
click on the paper and you will see descriptions of the variables, the
magnitude of the relationship, number of observations, URL of the article,
etc.

- See more background at: http://openeconomics.net/metametrik/

Velichka Dimitrova

Open Economics Project Coordinator |