[open-economics] works of Economics in Public Domain

John Levin john at anterotesis.com
Thu Jan 3 14:09:40 UTC 2013

On 02/01/2013 12:36, Jia Lyng wrote:
 > Hi everybody, Happy New Year!
 > And Happy 2013 Public Domain new additions!
 >
 > I just got an inquiry from my other Econ networks, asking about authors
 > and works of economics accessible as public domain. Do you have such a
 > database?
 >
 > All best wishes,
 > jia
 > --
 > Berlin Chapter
 > Young Scholars Initiative
 > Institute for New Economic Thinking
 > +49 (0) 157 887 44 884
 > twitter: @YSIBerlin

Compiling (and mining) such a list is something I have wanted to do for
a while. As far as I know, although there are many digitizations freely
available on the net (eg on archive.org & google books), there isn't
actually a database of them.

I'm waiting to see how open philosophy http://openphilosophy.org/ and
textus http://textusproject.org/ work; they could be the example to follow.

Although, of course, if there's sufficient interest now, I'd be very
happy to work on such a project immediately.

John

--
John Levin
http://www.anterotesis.com