[open-economics] Economics popularisation efforts

Afelio Padilla afelio.padilla at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 15:53:29 UTC 2013

"These critical reactions to opaque are frequently Developments in the world
economy are - I'd argue - a symptom of an outrageous affront to our
democracy: the lack of a serious, coherent, well-funded academic and social
movement to Improve the way we talk about economics. ". I think that is true
, but not least is the traditional way (even secular) way some (relevant or who
want to appear relevant) economists have presented to the world. What would
be the psychological roots of that self-imposed segregation? What is the
mental image of themselves have some groups of economists? What is the
difference between those biologists who create attractive metaphors to be
understood and the darkness that often "they" punish us? My answer is clear:
we are all human. with the same virtues and the same defects, and vanity is
a sin very attractive, very much.