[open-economics] Open Knowledge Index online sprint - July 3rd, 6pm London / 7pm Brussels

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Wed Jun 26 09:05:24 UTC 2013

 Dear all,

We are organising a 2-hour online sprint to update the Open Knowledge Index
on:
*Wednesday, July 3rd at 6pm BST / 7pm CEST.*
*
*
*To participate please RSVP to me with your skype ID. *
*
*
We're looking for people who will update the index with the latest data and
who can create infographics.
*
*
The Open Knowledge Index has been designed to measure and track progress in
opening up information, data and knowledge in a broader sense to the
public. The Open Knowledge Index captures three dimensions of knowledge –
the ability to access knowledge (capability), the availability of knowledge
and data provision (legislation) and the capacity to use the data and feed
it back into the open data eco-system (open society). - See more
here<http://openeconomics.net/projects/open-knowledge-indicator/>
.

Our working group created the current version of the index at the end of
2011 and now we would like to update it and create an infographic with the
updated version. One of the visualisations which have inspired us is Resource
Governance Index <http://www.revenuewatch.org/rgi> of Revenue Watch. Please
get in touch if you can programme a similar infographic.
*
*
To see the original dataset follow this
link<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4r55UapMP6BOXoxNEZaYzVxQTQ/edit?usp=sharing>
.
*
*
To read more about the composition of the Open Knowledge Index see Technical
Details<http://openeconomics.net/projects/open-knowledge-indicator/technical-details/>

Looking forward to your participation!

Valeria & Velichka

*