[open-economics] open-economics Digest, Vol 30, Issue 4

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Fri Jun 7 15:48:50 UTC 2013

Hi, it's me (again) ;-)

On fös 7.jún 2013 10:35, Florian Oswald wrote:
> Reinhard and Rogoff have all the data used for their book "This time is
> different" online. Amongst other things, they have a host of inflation
> indices for many countries:
>
> http://www.reinhartandrogoff.com/data/browse-by-topic/topics/2/
>
> See if that helps.

Wow! That's the best data I've seen. There are some gaps for some of the
countries (and the data only goes up to 2010) so I'm still at a loss as
to what to do when there is not data.

Also this data isn't open so I would have to get permission before I do
anything with it. I'm going to contact Reinhart and Rogoff and see if
they're willing to allow me to use the data and release it in an openly
licensed data package.

> P.S.: If you are lucky enough to discover a mistake in the excel sheet,
> write a paper and get famous! :-)

Hmm... A different career path... I like your idea ;-)

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending

The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org>