[open-economics] help // open data business cases

Javier Creus javicreus at ideasforchange.com
Tue Mar 26 12:13:05 UTC 2013

hello everyone,

I've been asked by an institution to explore the opportunity of launching
some type of challenge / contest / prize / process that would help business
(traditional and new) capture the economical value of open data by
generating new business models or by refiining already existent.

As I would like to come up with a design that is really useful and
complementary to what already exists, I'm asking you for help to identify
similar initiatives and your personal opinion on them so as to incorporate
that learning into the proposal.

My personal point of view at this time is that efforts are too much
concentrated on:

(i) "pure data business" than into traditional business that can take
advantage of open data and
(ii) "pure open data" wihtout combining open data with corporate or
community owned data.

thankyou in advance for your collaboration,

javier

www.IdeasforChange.com
www.NoSomosHormigas.org