[open-economics] Feedback for PhD research related to open data

Igbal Safarov iqbal1986 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 18:15:26 UTC 2014

Hello dear friends and Open Data activists,

//sorry for cross posting//

I am Igbal Safarov, from Azerbaijan. I participated the Open data barometer
and the Web index research previously. I plan to start my PhD research in
the field of open government data. My specific interest is to investigate
the opportunities of open data (public sector information) for better
public administration. Particularly, organizational development and
transformation in public bodies are interesting for me.

Dear community members, I strongly need your support and feedback. I
understand that there are many areas of open government, which are required
to conduct research. To spread open data concept, we as a community should
work hard and try to popularize this field I would like to know your
opinion about research questions and methodology which can be more added
value for this field. I plan to use the case study of Sweden and
investigate their organizational change and opportunities of open data for
better public administration. I am more than welcome to any feedback, even
it is possible to change research direction. Only it should promote open
data.

KEY: open data, better public administration, and organizational change.