[open-economics] Content Mine launches

Anders Pedersen anderspeders at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:42:05 UTC 2015

I am very excited to see Content Mine kick off. Best of luck!

At ResourceContracts we have used DocumentCloud for a few years for a
combination of PDF viewer, image tagging and a light metadata schema (eg.
year of contract, country, commodity).

For example:
http://www.resourcecontracts.org/#documents?countries=liberia&mining_title=exploration-permit-license

We are currently exploring if DocumentCloud or another text mining tool
will be the best way to continue forward.

Also, worth keeping an eye out for Hypothesis: https://hypothes.is/

Best,
Anders