[open-economics] free international economic database

Thomas Brand thomas.brand at cepremap.org
Fri May 27 14:53:37 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I am a new member of this community and wanted to present you a project
that you may be interested in.

The purpose of our project is to provide a unique website
(http://widukind.cepremap.org/) accessible for all users, allowing them
to free download public economic data as released by national producers
(national institutes of statistics, central banks from countries all
over the world) as well as international ones (IMF, World Bank, OECD,
Eurostat, ECB…). These data will be updated regularly and former updates
are archived so as to build overtime a /real time database/. Moreover,
data can be downloaded directly through an API
(http://widukind-api.cepremap.org/) by a broad spectrum of econometric
and statistical analysis softwares using the utilities provided by the
project (R, Python, Julia, LibreOffice Calc, Excel, Matlab, Stata,
EViews, …). All the codes are available here : https://github.com/Widukind.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you want more explanations. Please see
in attached files a more complete presentation.

Thank you for your interest in our project.

Best regards,
Thomas Brand