[Open-education-be] Call for papers: Open Data for Education & Learning at EC-TEL 2014, Graz, Austria
marieke.guy at okfn.org
Tue Jun 3 14:48:43 UTC 2014
The LinkedUp Project is pleased to be hosting a workshop on Open Data
for Education & Learning at EC-TEL 2014
<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=681>. The conference is co-located
with i-KNOW 2014 <http://i-know.tugraz.at> and will be on Tuesday, 16
September 2014 in Graz, Austria.
We are currently looking for papers and demos (6 pages max. in Springer
Format) that deal with the Workshop main topics. Papers are not required
to be technical and can focus on cultural and legal issues etc.
The main research questions the workshop will address are:
* What are the opportunities for using open data and Linked Data in
* What are the challenges of using open data and Linked Data in education?
* What are the best selection criteria when evaluating open data?
* What are the legal and non-technical issues that need to be
considered when incorporating open data from the web?
* What are issues related to trust when using third party data and
Workshop topics include but are not limited to:
* Open data and Linked Data for formal, informal and non-formal education
* Open data and Linked Data and formative assessment
* Open data and Linked Data and open learning
* Open data and Linked Data supporting education in developing countries
* Open data and Linked Data in cultural applications
Submissions deadline is 30th June 2014.
Further details are available from the LinkedUp Website
LinkedUp <http://linkedup-project.eu/> Project Community Coordinator |
skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 | @mariekeguy
The Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/>
/Empowering through Open Knowledge/
http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/okfn>| OKF on Facebook
<%3Fhttps://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork%3F> | Blog
<%3Fhttp://blog.okfn.org%3F> | Newsletter
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Open-education-be