[Open-education] Invitation to a booksprint for the Open Education Handbook

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Thu Aug 22 13:07:34 UTC 2013

Dear All,

For those of you who haven't heard about our booksprint in early
September...

The Open Knowledge Foundation as part of the LinkedUp Project
<http://linkedup-project.eu/>will be creating an Open Education Handbook
and we'd really like you to participate. The first step in this process
is a one-day (10am - 4pm) booksprint to be held at C4CC
<http://creative-collaboration.net/>, London on Tuesday 3rd September.
During the booksprint participants will be involved in group
discussions, constructing the table of contents, agreeing on chapter
themes, negotiating with others on concepts and hopefully coming up with
some agreement on basic definitions!

Note that most booksprints aim to write a book in under 5 days! We'll be
taking a slightly less pressurised approach and will be drafting the
handbook over a longer time period of time (delivering a final version
next year). The handbook will also become one of the first activities of
the soon to be launched Open Education Working Group
<http://education.okfn.org/>.

Lunch and refreshments will be provided.

If you are interested in being involved in this important initiation
event then please register on the EventBrite page:
https://openeducationbooksprint.eventbrite.co.uk

Note that all those who take part in the handbook booksprints will given
attribution (using names and affiliations) in the about section of the
handbook.

I look forward to seeing you at the booksprint.

Thanks

Marieke

--

Marieke Guy