[Open-education] Mailing list guidelines

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Tue Dec 17 12:13:21 UTC 2013

Dear All,

There are so many of you on the mailing list now - which is great news!
We've now created a mailing list page
<http://education.okfn.org/mailing-list/> which includes some very brief
mailing list guidelines.

The main ones are:

  * If possible keep posts relatively short -- if you want to write
    pages and pages do it in a separate document and share the link.
  * Try to keep to one topic per post with a clear subject line. If you
    are replying to a post and the discussion has taken a different turn
    change the subject line.
  * Be courteous and polite -- if you get into an argument take it off
    list!
  * Do not send attachments to the list -- they create an enormous
    amount of extra Internet traffic. Post the file online and share the
    link.

Most of you are probably on countless list already so don't need to be
told any of this but sometimes it's good to go over the ground rules for
new people.

In the new year as well as our Open Education Working Group Calls which
we'll be starting - please do sign up: more details on the blog
<http://education.okfn.org/new-year-plans-working-group-calls/> - it
would also be great to get more discussion going. People could suggest a
topic or question to get us thinking. I'll kick off with some ideas
after the holidays!

Thanks

Marieke

--