[Open-education] Journal articles, submissions and manifesto

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Fri Dec 20 09:15:07 UTC 2013

Thanks so much for the list Tom. Lots of Christmas reading there!!

I recently read excellent Martin Weller's paper and can thoroughly
recommend it as a clear account of where we are at this moment in time
with regard to openness and open education.

Also great to see you on the Open Knowledge Foundation Community call
yesterday - an open call for anyone interested in openness. A reminder
to everyone that we will be starting Working Group Calls
<http://education.okfn.org/new-year-plans-working-group-calls/> in the
new year. We're a diverse, global community and the calls will be a
chance for us to really get to know each other and start working on some
joint initiatives. Hopefully see you all there!

Marieke

On 19/12/2013 22:32, Thomas Salmon wrote:
> Just some news:
>
> The journal Policy Futures has made a call for submissions on the
> topic of ''BIG DATA in EDUCATION AND LEARNING ANALYTICS'.
> http://rikowski.wordpress.com/2013/12/19/big-data-in-education-and-learning-analytics/
>
> From a similar critical perspective the journal 'Hybrid Pedagogy' also
> has published articles on MOOCS.
> http://workopen.org/manifesto
>
> Martin Weller has recently examined the larger battle for 'openness'
> in the light of recent successes.
> http://jime.open.ac.uk/jime/article/view/2013-15
>
> Also this manifesto is being written by Open Matt and others working
> at Mozilla
> http://workopen.org/manifesto
>
> I have collated and curated these all with Scoop.it below:
> http://www.scoop.it/t/open-data-in-education-and-development
>
> Best
>
> Tom

Marieke Guy