[Open-education] Open Education Working Group at MozFest and more...

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Thu Nov 7 10:26:12 UTC 2013

Dear All,

At the end of October the Open Education Working Group attended the
Mozilla Festival where we came across lots of education technologies,
collectives and ideas that could be useful for open education. Many of
these are shared in a blog post
<http://education.okfn.org/open-education-at-mozfest/>.

We also facilitated a session with P2PU and Creative Commons (as school
of open) and Floss Manuals creating an open education time line
<http://education.okfn.org/open-education-timeline-building/>. All the
ideas will be put into a Google Docs and an interactive TimeMapper. This
will form part of the Open Education handbook
<http://education.okfn.org/handbook/>. We will be sharing the document
soon so you all can add more information, correct the date and add in
your own ideas.

The 2nd Open Education Handbook booksprint
<http://education.okfn.org/second-open-education-handbook-booksprint/>will
be taking place soon in Berlin, after that we will hopefully have time
to start organising some working group calls.

If anyone has any ideas for how they'd like the group to move forward
please do let us know.

Thanks

Marieke

--