[Open-education] Open Educational Resources and Open Data

Pat Lockley patrick.lockley at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 25 15:49:30 UTC 2013

**possible slight cross post**

Hi all,

Recently when looking for OER I've found it hard to find stuff that is
CC-licensed. A lot of the existing OER sites allow for fair use, or have
country based restrictions and so not all of the results returned are
reusable. So I've made an OER search engine, which isn't quite Open in the
OKFN sense (Most OER is by-nc-sa) but it is all PD and / or CC licensed

You can find it here http://solvonauts.org/

If you'd like to see the metadata harvest data and all the open source code
that drives it, you can do so here https://github.com/solvonauts

The hope is that the code is easy enough for others to set up their own
repositories and then build and curate their own collections. Ideally it'd
be WordPress simple to use

Lots more to discuss and we've set up a community site as well to help
handle this http://solvonauts.org/community/

Feedback welcome

Thanks all

Pat