[Open-education] How can we get more discussion going on the Open Education list?

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Fri Apr 25 08:39:00 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

It would be great to start having more discussion on the Open Education
Mailing list - especially on a Friday!

I was wondering if people have any ideas on ways we can do this...

So for example we could have a Friday question. Here are some possibles
from the Open Education Handbook
<http://booktype.okfn.org/open-education-handbook/_draft/_v/1.0/why-write-an-open-education-handbook/>.

  * Is traditional education not open?
  * What affect does open education have on education?
  * Who is meant to benefit from open education?
  * Must a resource be in an open format to be open?
  * Is a MOOC an OER?
  * What examples of open learning and practice methods are there?
  * What is the difference between open education and open learning?
  * What is open education data?
  * What open source open education tools are there?

Or Friday could be our day when everyone posts an update about a project
they are working on, or an initiative they are involved with. Or even
reposts interesting stuff from other working groups. Naturally it
doesn't just have to be Fridays!

I'm sure you all have some great ideas. This is your working group and
it would be great if we could all get talking more!

Any thoughts?

Marieke

--

Marieke Guy