[Open-education] How can we get more discussion going on the Open Education list?

Fred Baker fredwbaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:04:52 UTC 2014

Marieke:

I like this idea a lot. I was also briefly part of a scholarly reading
group based on openness that used Google +, but never really got off the
ground. The idea there was to propose a research paper and collaboratively
read and discuss it via a Google hangout. I think it is a great idea and
one I would like to resurrect once I finish with school.

I would love to take part in discussions around the very questions you
asked below, but would recommend considering starting off with a more
generic “what is openness to you” type question. For me personally, this
list at times seems very focused on OER, which is not something I am into.
However, creating a dialogue about the nature and application of openness
is something I think could lead to many interesting conversations. I would
love to discuss where everyone stands on openness and learn more about how
we think of it impacting our professional roles.

I also think Fridays are as good a time as any.

--
best,

Fredrick W. Baker III

e-mail:      fredwbaker at gmail.com
Phone:      251-281-8517
Skype:       fredwbaker
Twitter:    @FredWBaker
WWW:     FredWBaker.com

University of South Alabama
College of Education
UCOM 3800, Mobile, AL
36688

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
something, build a new model that makes the existing model
obsolete."~Buckminster Fuller

 On 25 Apr 2014, at 10:39, Marieke Guy <marieke.guy at okfn.org<mailto: