[Open-education] Is there still an OER movement?

Mick FM mick at flossmanuals.net
Fri Aug 22 13:09:17 UTC 2014

On 22/08/14 13:49, Josie Fraser wrote:

> In order to move beyond this initial awareness raising, policy issues
> around of permissions and IP rights have to be tackled. For the vast
> majority of schools in the city, Leicester City Council is the
> employer and as such, the IP rights holder of work created by school
> staff in the line of employment. So I'm currently also taking forward
> proposals internally to provide school staff with the ability to
> openly licence educational resources. It's currently in committee at
> the moment.

Hi Josie,

This sounds like a great project. I start a PGCE to teach the new
Computing curriculum in secondary schools in 3 weeks so this will be
very welcome.

I got a bursary to do it from the BCS to do it and they are in
partnership with CAS (Computing at School). I would be very interested
to hear your take on their work and resource site which I imagine you've
looked into.
It's here - http://community.computingatschool.org.uk/resources

The notable thing is you have to register and log in to get access.
Resources are http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ by default.

Thanks
Mick