[Open-education] #OpenEd14: Making a new open possible?

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Tue Dec 16 11:30:22 UTC 2014

It's always great to hear more than one opinion and we are lucky enough
to have another account of OpenEd14 <http://openedconference.org/2014/>
to complement the post written by Renata Aquino Ribeiro
<http://education.okfn.org/opened14-an-experience-on-finding-a-way-for-the-future-of-education/>.

solvo <http://education.okfn.org/files/2014/12/solvo.png>This time we
are hearing from Pat Lockley.

- See more at:
http://education.okfn.org/opened14-making-a-new-open-possible/#sthash.keQvT2Pu.dpuf
Hi everyone,

It's always great to hear more than one opinion and we are lucky enough
to have another account of OpenEd14 <http://openedconference.org/2014/>
to complement the post written by Renata Aquino Ribeiro
<http://education.okfn.org/opened14-an-experience-on-finding-a-way-for-the-future-of-education/>.

This time we have a post from Pat Lockley, the person behind Solvonauts
<http://solvonauts.org/> (an open source open educational resource
repository).

http://education.okfn.org/opened14-making-a-new-open-possible/

The conference did feel, and perhaps openness attracts people with
awareness of issues of equity and access, to have become more of a left
wing elearning conference, rather than a conference concerned with what?
Late noughties licensed focussed openness is being superseded by a new
form, or to use the conference phrasing, have we "achieved the
potential" of licensed openness and moved onwards to address the
potential work we need to make a new open possible? - See more at:
http://education.okfn.org/opened14-making-a-new-open-possible/#sthash.keQvT2Pu.dpuf
"/The conference did feel, and perhaps openness attracts people with
awareness of issues of equity and access, to have become more of a left
wing elearning conference, rather than a conference concerned with what?
Late noughties licensed focussed openness is being superseded by a new
form, or to use the conference phrasing, have we "achieved the
potential" of licensed openness and moved onwards to address the
potential work we need to make a new open possible?/"

If you'd like to publish on our blog just email me.

Marieke

--

Marieke Guy
Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 |