[Open-education] Suggestions for Advisory Board for Open Education Working Group

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Wed Feb 5 14:07:55 UTC 2014

*

Dear All,

*As discussed at the Open Education Working Group Call
<http://education.okfn.org/minutes-from-1st-working-group-call/> we
would like to appoint an Advisory Board to support the Open Education
Working Group.

"The advisory board will contain high-profile Open Education advocates
who are unable to commit regular time to the Working Group itself but
are experts in the field. The Advisory Board will provide thought
leadership about the direction of the working group and help to raise
the profile of the working group by talking about the group and their
work at conferences and events." (from the charter
<http://education.okfn.org/charter/> - wording still up for discussion)

You can see example advisory boards by looking at the Open Science
Working Group <http://science.okfn.org/about-us/advisory-board/> and the
Open GLAM Working Group <http://openglam.org/advisory-board/>.

We would like to take suggestions from the working group community for
who could sit on this board. Obviously there are no guarantees that
these people will be willing to take on this role, we can but approach them.

If you have an idea for a person then could you add it to this etherpad
<http://pad.okfn.org/p/Open_Education_Working_Group_Advisory_Board> -
there are a few suggestions in there already so don't worry about being
the first. It would be helpful if you could add details such as contact
information, their location, their role and why they should be
considered. We are keen to have a diverse Advisory Board so please do
contribute your suggestions and think global!

Thanks

Marieke

Full details are available in the following post:
http://education.okfn.org/advisory-board-suggestions-required/
--

Marieke Guy
LinkedUp <http://linkedup-project.eu/> Project Community Coordinator |