[Open-education] please join us in Brussels for policy debat on "Really Open Education", 18th of February

Alek Tarkowski atarkowski at centrumcyfrowe.pl
Fri Feb 7 08:57:40 UTC 2014

Dear all,
Cable already  sent to this list an invitation to the event, but as it's organiser I'd like to personally invite - especially those of you who are in Europe, to a policy discussion Creative Commons is organising in the European Parliament on the 18th of February.

Please find below the short invitation, and I enclose a PDF for sharing. I'll be grateful if you could share it with your contacts, especially those in Brussels.

all the best,

Alek

--->8---

On the 18th of February, Creative Commons is organizing a policy discussion about domestic policies on open education. The meeting is hosted by Róża Gräfin von Thun und Hohenstein, MEP and will have the format of a working breakfast. Our guests will include following: OER experts:
Hans de Four (KlasCement, Belgium): the role of KlasCement, an open educational resources repository, in Belgian education;
Teresa Nobre (Creative Commons Portugal): legal aspects of Open Education, in the perspective of EU copyright reform;
Robert Schuwer (Associate Professor Open Education, Open Universiteit, the Netherlands): development of Open Education in the Netherlands;
Krzysztof Wojewodzic (Centre for Educational Development, Poland): Polish open e-textbooks project and the „Digital School” program.

We will also be joined by representatives of the DG Education and Culture, responsible for implementing the „Opening Up Education” initative.
During the meeting we would like to discuss how to implement open education projects as part of this initiative, both at European level and in member states. We hope that best examples of domestic policies will provide inspiration for other states.

Please join us in the European Parliament in Brussels on the 18th of February, 8.15-10.00. If you plan attending the event, please RSVP by sending email to: rsvp at oerpolicy.eu or alek at creativecommons.pl

More information can be found on the page of the event (http://oerpolicy.eu/really-open-education-policy-discussion-in-the-european-parliament-18th-february-2014/)

--
dyrektor, Centrum Cyfrowe Projekt: Polska
Twitter: @atarkowski

polecam:
otwartawiedza.pl / otwartezasoby.pl / otwartengo.pl / otwartezabytki.pl / kulturaponadprawem.pl