[Open-education] Paper: Ruminations on Research on Open Educational Resources

Cable Green cable at creativecommons.org
Tue Jan 21 05:15:59 UTC 2014

Greetings Open Colleagues:

Mike Smith has recently published a new paper titled: “Ruminations on
Research on Open Educational Resources” (CC BY 4.0).

http://www.hewlett.org/library/consultant-publication/ruminations-research-open-educational-resources

*The link to the paper is at the bottom of the page.*

>From the Abstract:

   - “While we understand [OER] properties, we have only a beginning
   understanding of how OER are used and whether the properties add value for
   users when compared to similar proprietary materials. This paper explores
   nine areas of research on OER from policy to development to its relative
   effectiveness and whether it stimulates innovation. Although existing
   research is considered, greater attention is given to the possibilities for
   new research in these areas.”

If you are interested OER, you’ll find this paper worth your time.

Warmest regards,

Cable

--

Cable Green, PhD