[Open-education] Reminder about OKFestival, Berlin from 15th - 17th July

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Tue Jul 1 11:52:07 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

A reminder that there is only *2 weeks to go* till OKFestival 2014
<http://2014.okfestival.org> takes place in Berlin from 15th - 17th
July. It's going to be an ace event and we really hope to see as many
open education people there as possible!!*

*Naturally open education types will congregate on the Wednesday 2pm -
4pm for our Open Education Smörgåsbord session (sign up!!
<http://sched.co/1hgj0q1>)**but I'm sure there will be other chances to
catch up - email or Tweet me <https://twitter.com/mariekeguy> if you'd
like to grab a coffee!
*
*So for those who don't have their tickets a quick reminder!!

OKFestival is different from many other conferences/hackathons/workshops
because while Open Knowledge organise it, OKFestival is owned, in the
broadest sense, by the open community.

OKFestival 2014 <http://2014.okfestival.org> will be our biggest open
data and open knowledge event to date. It will be global, inclusive and
participatory. We expect it to create a significant local and
international surge of innovation. We hope to bring together over 1,000
people from more than 60 countries to share their skills and
experiences; encouraging them to work together to build the very tools
and partnerships that will further the power of openness as a positive
force for change. In addition, the festival will be a fantastic
opportunity to celebrate all that the open movement has achieved so far,
and an opportunity to plan and shape the landscape ahead.

We have a stellar programme <http://2014.okfestival.org/programme/> with
a plethora of participatory workshops, discussion groups and tantilising
talks for you. Last week we announced our fantastic keynote speakers