[Open-education] Dissertation

Fred Baker fredwbaker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:14:05 UTC 2014

Hello all:

I wanted to ahare a link to an unofficial version of my dissertation. I examined policy documents for Research 1 universities in the US for statements related to the implementation of openness. In the dissertation, i looked at OA, open content, OSS, open teaching and learning, and other areas of openness. I also provide a history of openness that may be useful. The official version is making its way theough ProQuest/UMI right now and should be posted later this year.

I am open for discussion and would love to hear any responses you may have.  Thanks!

http://www.fredwbaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Baker-Dissertation-Public-Version.pdf

—
Best

Fredrick W. Baker III

Email:   Fredwbaker at gmail.com
Twitter: @fredwbaker
Web:     www.fredwbaker.com

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."~Buckminster Fuller