[Open-education] Looking for powerful OER quote & photo

Cable Green cable.green at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:46:50 UTC 2014

Greetings Open Colleagues:

Forwarding a request (see below) from our friend, Abel Caine @ UNESCO.

Cable

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Caine, Abel <a.caine at unesco.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Subject: [OER] Looking for powerful quote and photo on OER

The UNESCO Knowledge Societies Division (http://en.unesco
.org/themes/building-knowledge-societies) is responsible for the UNESCO
Open Educational Resources (OER) Programme (www.unesco.org/webworld/en/oer).

We're building a new brochure for the whole Division and I'm very confident
of being able to secure a spot on the cover to highlight the work and
successes of our OER Programme.

So I thought I'd reach out to the global OER Community to see if they'd
come across or even created an exceptional quote, I'd be very happy to
feature them on the brochure.

I would also need a high-impact, high-resolution, openly-licensed, photo
related to OER or Education that could accompany the quote. The best 1s
involve students or teachers from developing countries engaged in a
learning activity.

Please email me directly on: a.caine at unesco.org

Regards,

Abel