[Open-education] Cetis Conference 2014: Time to Unhide Open

Lorna M Campbell lorna.m.campbell at icloud.com
Thu Jun 19 11:58:05 UTC 2014

Hi Marieke,

Thanks for this fab summary of the Cetis Conference.  And thanks also to everyone who came along, and particularly those who participated in the sessions.

I'm planning to write my own short summary of the Open Practice to Open Policy session next week and will be happy to share links to the presentations form this session.   We will also be posting the recording of Audrey Watters excellent keynote next week.

Best Wishes
Lorna

On 19 Jun 2014, at 11:43, Marieke Guy wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was lucky enough to attend the Cetis Conference in Bolton for 2 days. There was plenty of open education stuff to get my teeth in to and I've written a summary at:
> http://education.okfn.org/cetis-conference-2014-time-to-unhide-open/
>
> The closing keynote was given by Audrey Watters (from Hack Education). Some great thoughts on the history of education technology, with lots of links to the history of open too. Audrey believes we have failed to learn and to reflect on the history of ed-tech. She made the suggestion that we retrace and unwind so that we can build a "future of learner agency, of human capacity, of equity, of civic responsibility, of openness".
>
> I'm up for that ;-)
>
> Marieke
> --
> Marieke Guy
> LinkedUp Project Community Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 | @mariekeguy
> Open Knowledge
> Empowering through Open Knowledge
> http://okfn.org/ | @okfn| OKF on Facebook | Blog | Newsletter
> http://remoteworker.wordpress.com
>
> Have you bought your tickets to OKFestival yet? Join us in Berlin!

-- Lorna M Campbell --
Assistant Director, Cetis
Web: www.cetis.ac.uk
Blog: lornamcampbell.wordpress.com