[Open-education] Friday chat: Do open educational resources have to be available online?

Raniere Silva raniere at riseup.net
Sat Jun 28 13:47:06 UTC 2014

Sorry to lost the Friday chat. I had attend a seminar about free/open source
softwares and related stuffs.

> So do open educational resources have to be available online?

No. Is better if the OER is available online but this shouldn't be a request.

If I publish online under CC-BY-SA all the informations + data need to print an
awesome educational game for K-8 and someone manufactured without the dead tree
version will be OER, correct?

> but what are the implications of having open resources that are
> solely offline?

It won't be available from the start to a global audience. IMHO this isn't a big
problem because if it is OER when someone have time + conditions + interest it
can be make available online.