[Open-education] Paris OER Declaration licence?

Lorna M Campbell lorna.m.campbell at icloud.com
Thu Mar 6 09:50:19 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

(Cross posted to open-education at lists.okfn.org and oer-discuss at jiscmail.ac.uk)

Can anyone provide me with any information about the licence of the UNESCO Paris OER Declaration?  As far as I can see, there is no licence information on the English version of the declaration here: http://www.unesco.org/new/fileadmin/MULTIMEDIA/HQ/CI/CI/pdf/Events/Paris%20OER%20Declaration_01.pdf

The jumping off page here http://www.unesco.org/new/index.php?id=64395 carries the standard UNESCO copyright statement http://www.unesco.org/new/en/terms-of-use/terms-of-use/copyright/ which says:

"All contents on this website are protected by copyright. UNESCO is pleased to allow those who may choose to access the site to download and copy the materials for their personal, non-commercial use."

The reason I ask is that the Open Scotland group have drafted a Scottish Open Education Declaration, which is based on, but extends, the Paris Declaration, however I'm unsure about the licensing and copyright implications of this re-use.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers
Lorna

-- Lorna M Campbell --
Assistant Director, Cetis