[Open-education] Reminder: OpenEd Jam CFP

Mariah Noelle Villarreal villarrealmn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 20:05:00 UTC 2014

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to send a quick reminder that the deadline for the OpenEd Jam
CFP is fast approaching, Tuesday, April 1st. If anyone has any questions,
feel free to email me at mariah at openedjam.org

More information about the event:
OpenEd Jam will be hosted at Rackspace in San Antonio, TX on July
25-27th. Our confirmed Keynote Speakers are Josef Prusa and Beatriz
Busaniche. SparkFun is sponsoring the hackathon. There will be three
tracks: curriculum, hardware and software. Specifically, we're looking
for educational projects that are freely licensed.

Here is the link to the website: www.openedjam.org

Kindly,
Mariah Noelle

We are looking for innovative freely and openly licensed education
resources for our first OpenEd Jam! Do you have an idea for an
engaging discussion, hands-on demonstration or interactive workshop
that will spark the community to create and use open education
resources inside and outside the classroom?

We're looking for activists, developers, educators, engineers,
librarians, and makers from all fields to come together for 3 days of
collaboration and discussion.

We have three tracks: Curriculum, Hardware and Software as well as
rounds of Lightning Talks.

The deadline to submit your proposal for OpenEd Jam is April 1st, 2014.

The proposals that we'll select will consider:

Does the proposal advance the overall goal of the event?
Does the proposal give concrete value to participants?
Does the proposal offer collaboration within the open education community?
Is the proposal engaging?

Never facilitated a session at an event before? Don't let that stop
you! We encourage proposals from folks who don't often attend events
and we're ready to support you to run an awesome session.

Create an account and click on "Create Session" on the right sidebar
to propose your session! www.openedjam.org

Questions? Contact Mariah Noelle Villarreal at mariah at openedjam.org

Please feel free to share this call far and wide!

~Adapted from Open Knowledge Festival "Propose a Session"
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
International License.

--
Mariah Noelle