[Open-education] Friday Chat: Open data in education

Mathieu.Daquin mathieu.daquin at open.ac.uk
Sat May 10 07:51:34 UTC 2014

Hi Otavio,

Just to complete what Marieke says - there are certainly a few datasets that could be of interest in the UK. Nicely enough, as part of the Open Data Challenge Education, the ODI has compiled a set of interesting resources [1], including a list of potentially interesting datasets [2].
With a focus on higher education, one of my favorite dataset is the "Key Information Set" from HESA/Unistat [3]. Also, you can find information about projects funding from RCUK [4] and JISC [5].
That's really focusing purely on the UK (sorry, I don't really know anything about Brazil, even if I would really like to). I know however that the UK tends to be earlier than most other countries in this space, even if many european countries are quickly catching up (see e.g. [6] in France).

Note that several of these datasets are available as Linked Data in the LinkedUp Data Catalogue [7] - and we aim to get more of them by the end of the year.

Hope that helps,
Best,
Mathieu.

[1] https://hackpad.com/Education-Open-Data-Challenge-kLW3ZeR98lj