[Open-education] OER discovery tool project

Mick - FM mick at flossmanuals.net
Wed May 21 12:55:30 UTC 2014

Hello all on the Open Education list,

*
Short story:*
You can quickly help an Manchester project for refugee artists by voting
here - http://elevator.jisc.ac.uk/sosi14/ideas/duct-tape-university

We're on 80 out of 250 votes needed - I know there's a lot of people who
do work with OER  on this list. I'm really hoping you can help me out,
by voting, but also by spreading the word a bit (see how below).

*Longer story:
*

  Duct Tape University project for Do IT artists

Do IT, is a training course run by Community Arts North West for artists
to help them use low cost technology to spread the word about their work
and learn digital production skills. Following success of last year, the
good news is Do IT course -- will happen this year too, watch for more
details.

Mick (that's me writing) is moving on to teaching new computing
curriculum at schools, starting a PGCE course in September. This summer
I'd like to do work on the resources for the Artists Do IT course.

We think we have come up with a great formula to help artists, small
business and people active in communities to pick up new skills in
getting their message across with social media and media production. And
here's a project to help spread the word -- Duct Tape University.

We need your help to make it happen! Please vote for it here.
<http://elevator.jisc.ac.uk/sosi14/ideas/duct-tape-university>

The ideas is to put all of the resources, activities and tools in one
place. All of these resources will have an open licence so that they can
be used and adapted by other trainers.

    Why Vote for the Project?

Here are some good reasons tovote for the project
<http://elevator.jisc.ac.uk/sosi14/ideas/duct-tape-university>:

  * it will help us to spend time to bring together the resources we use
    for the project
  * we will create a new system to make it easier to organise and find
    exactly the right activities
  * the resources will be more easily available for the course
    participants and for other trainers
  * the project will use new technology to make the teaching materials
    easier to find in searches by other teachers
  * it will be done in a way so other projects can benefit from the work
    we do (using an open source code approach)
  * we can find more drama games!

    How you can help

Please vote!

Click the Vote Duck
<http://elevator.jisc.ac.uk/sosi14/ideas/duct-tape-university> button.

dtu_voite <https://twitter.com/mickfuzz>
Please retweet -- Click on the Twitter bird
<https://twitter.com/mickfuzz> to find some tweets to repeat.

Thanks for spreading the word.
You could use the #artistsdoit or #oer hash tags too

Email some people about it. You can copy and paste this page into an
email and send it on to some people that you think appreciate this project.

    About Do IT

Here's some info about Artists Do IT programme.
<http://mcrblogs.co.uk/doit/2013/09/20/summary-artists-doit-course/>

Mick Chesterman - mick at flossmanuals.net
mickfuzz [skype]
@mickfuzzz [twitter]