[Open-education] Friday Chat: The differences between open (as in access) or open (as in participatory & contribution)

Pat Lockley patrick.lockley at googlemail.com
Mon May 26 13:47:20 UTC 2014

I think Heartbleed is a great example of open and it's failings, and one of
the things open was supposed to prevent - many eyes and so on. Any look at
a github contributors graph shows that the majority of the work is done by
the few.

I worry if we talk access, then the few doing the work already become even
more burdened.

I think the lacks of tools in OER is a real problem. Access is great, but
then what? I don't think we've solved creation yet, but it's old ground and
no one likes old ground and trying again.