[Open-education] Hi and invitation to Wikimania fringe event

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Wed May 28 14:28:33 UTC 2014

Thanks John

I think members of the group might also be interested in two of the
other Wikimania Fringe events: Future of Education Workshop
<https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fringe/Future_of_Education_Workshop>
on the 21 - 22nd June and possibly the Open Scholarship Weekend
<https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fringe/Open_Scholarship_Hack>
on 19 - 20 July.

Marieke

On 28/05/2014 13:48, John Cummings wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just to introduce myself, I'm very interested in open education. I was
> the Wikimedian in Residence at the Natural History Museum and Science
> Museum in London, currently working on Wikimania.
>
> If anyone is available from this list it would be great to have some
> come to the Free Culture fringe event at the Barbican
> <https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fringe/Free_Culture_Weekend>
> on the 7- 8th of June. The aim of the event is to have as many people
> from different organisations involved in free culture talking about
> their projects and running workshops. You'd be very welcome to do a
> talk and/or a workshop, if you have any question please let me know.
>
> Best wishes
>
> John
>
> --
> *John Cummings - **Wikimedia UK Wikimania team*
> tweet @mrjohnc
>
> Wikimedia UK is a Charitable Company registered in England and Wales.
> Registered Company No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
> Registered Office: 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
> London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
> Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The
> Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
> Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
> Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
> control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.
>
> Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
>
> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Marieke Guy
LinkedUp <http://linkedup-project.eu/> Project Community Coordinator |