[Open-education] Open Education Week March 2015

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Fri Nov 14 13:52:11 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

Things have been a little quiet recently - do feel free to share what
you've been up to and are interested in!

Open Education Week would be a great opportunity for us to do something
together as a working group. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's a quick brain dump from me:

  * Showcasing open data sets related to education - maybe a series of
    blog post on datasets and related tools
  * Teachers and open education - asking teachers to share how they are
    using open education resources and using open education approaches -
    blog posts or short videos
  * Pushing forward an activity that has been mentioned in the working
    group calls <http://education.okfn.org/working-group-calls/> such as
    the CC translation work
  * Focus on our Open Education around the World series - attempt to
    fill countries that aren't written about
  * A summary of our Friday chats - would people like these revived?
  * ...

Note that the next working group call
<http://education.okfn.org/working-group-calls/> will take place in
January 2015. We have something else planned for December that we will
share with you soon.

Hoping for some discussion soon!

Thanks

Marieke

On 14/11/2014 12:56, Mary Lou Forward wrote:
> *Open Education Week  9-13 March 2015*
>
> /*Call for participation*/
> http://www.oeconsortium.org/events/open-education-week-2015/
>
> Open Education Week is a celebration of the global Open Education
> Movement. Its purpose is to raise awareness about open education and
> its impact on teaching and learning worldwide. Open education
> encompasses resources, tools and practices that employ a framework of
> open sharing to improve educational access and effectiveness.
> Participation in all events and use of all resources are free and open
> to everyone.
>
> The Open Education Week Organizing Committee invites your
> contributions to and participation in the annual Open Education Week,
> featuring online and in-person events around the world.
>
> There are many ways to contribute:
>
>   * Submit a how-to video, inspirational talk, showcase of your open
>     education project, or message about the impact of open education
>     for your students or institution
>   * Send links to resources that you find particularly helpful
>   * Host an in-person event in your community or on your campus
>   * Run a workshop on open education (a workshop toolkit will be
>     available to support you)
>   * Offer a webinar
>   * Coordinate with other organizations focused on open to broaden the
>     scope of awareness raising
>   * Hold a discussion on an aspect of open education on the website's
>     discussion forum
>   * Promote open education week to your communities, on your website
>     and through social media using #openeducationwk
>   * Link your blog postings to the open education week website
>
> Web banners, posters, slide templates and other promotional materials
> are available on the Open Education Week Website
> www.openeducationweek.org <http://www.openeducationweek.org/>.  Open
> Education Week is coordinated by the Open Education Consortium.
>
> The full call for participation and link to the submission form can be
> found athttp://www.oeconsortium.org/events/open-education-week-2015/
>
> We look forward to your participation!  Please contact us at
> info at openeducationweek.org <mailto:info at openeducationweek.org> if you
> have any questions, suggestions or feedback.
>
> Mary Lou
>

> ----
> Mary Lou Forward
> Executive Director | Open Education Consortium
> tel +1 802.347.1373 | mobile +1 603.369.8113
> www.openedconsortium.org <http://www.openedconsortium.org>

Marieke Guy
Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 |
@mariekeguy <http://twitter.com/mariekeguy>
Open Education Working Group <http://education.okfn.org/>
Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/okfn>|
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> | Blog